Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion: Fallback service

At the moment, I set up my landline as part of a ring group on pbxes and registered pbxes to us.voxalot.com. This is really useful because if my internet connection/PAP2/power/eu.voxalot.com goes down then I can still receive calls from my DID on my landline.

The only snag is that it has to ring all the time and I only want it to ring when the connection is actually down.

I am going to suggest that voxalot offers a fallback service where calls can be routed to a phone number via a selected vsp if there are no devices registered to voxalots servers. Or even better, a specified voxalot server.

I don't think this would take much to implement as it could be a part of the existing call forwarding service options. e.g. if there is no device connected to eu.voxalot.com then forward to XXXXXXXXXX via betamax.com.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
gambrinus

gambrinus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to gambrinus Send a message via MSN to gambrinus Send a message via Skype™ to gambrinus

That's a good thought. I would also need a fallback in the dial plans. I.e. if a call cannot be terminated by the VSP, then it should be possible to point to a subset of rules, which would be executed by then (change the number format appropriate for VSP2, dial via VSP2).
Voxalot team has promised such a thing quite a while ago and I don't know what happened to this feature request ...
gambrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I have now stopped registering us.voxalot.com with pbxes as desribed above as a fallback route to my landline. It was answering all my incoming calls with "All circuits are busy now - please try later" message.

I now need to be able to route to my landline reliably when my internet connection goes down or route to my voxalot PAP2 and landline together. Any chance of this voxalot or does anyone know another way to get it to work?
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #4
Wortelstok

Wortelstok is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
I have now stopped registering us.voxalot.com with pbxes as desribed above as a fallback route to my landline. It was answering all my incoming calls with "All circuits are busy now - please try later" message.

I now need to be able to route to my landline reliably when my internet connection goes down or route to my voxalot PAP2 and landline together. Any chance of this voxalot or does anyone know another way to get it to work?
It is possible with Mysipswitch using a Ruby command:
Quote:
bool sys.IsAvailable() - Is used to check whether the dial plan owner's account has a SIP account online. The function returns true if there is a current binding and false otherwise.
-----------
#Ruby dialplan example for sys.IsAvailable()
sys.Log("call received uri=#{req.URI.User} from #{req.Header.From.FromURI.User}")
sys.Log("isavailable=#{sys.IsAvailable().ToString( )}.")

if sys.IsAvailable()
sys.Dial("me@local")
else
sys.Dial("mylandline@provider")
end

Last edited by Wortelstok; 07-05-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Wortelstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
sprinter

sprinter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wortelstok View Post
It is possible with Mysipswitch using a Ruby command:
Can you please post the steps you took to get it working? I'm fairly new to the whole VoIP scene, but can follow instructions
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
TheFug

TheFug is on a distinguished road

Better have your complete dialplan at MySipSwitch, otherwise you need to make an too complex construction, and the above is only the inbound part of a dialplan at MSS, advantage of MSS is, you don't need to ask for extra options, most can be done with the Ruby script, which you can use at MSS.

btw. MSS has no FUP agreement with any betamax provider, if you need a trouble free FUP, MSS is a no-go...

Last edited by TheFug; 08-18-2008 at 08:20 PM.
TheFug is offline   Reply With Quote