Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #11
mnordlin

mnordlin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to mnordlin

Same problem here, no incoming calls since yesterday. It worked like a charm a few days before. When I now dial the SipBroker PSTN gateway from my mobile, after a while I get the message "the personal extension 728386 is not available".

It reminds me of a codec issue I had previously, when I registered with the company asterisk server and incoming PSTN calls always insisted on using the G.711a codec, which uses way too much bandwidth for my UMTS home Internet gateway. After I registered with the European cluster of VoXaLot this problem was gone, unfortunately only for a few days.

Looking forward to every suggestion.
mnordlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #12
mnordlin

As martin said elsewhere in this forum, the main reason for these problems are NAT issues. In my firewall I forwarded ports 5004 (RTP) and 5060 (SIP) to my VoIP phone and now I can receive calls to the SIPBroker PSTN gateway (*010728386). One of my two SIP providers worked right away, both inbound and outbound. The other, proxy sip3.teleman.com, does not accept inbound calls ("the number you have dialled is not in use"), but I guess this is not related to VoXaLot. - Strange thing is that it worked without the firewall forwards before. Possibly this is due to a firmware change, either in the GXP-2000 phone or in the Linksys WRT54G3G router (OpenWRT w. X-WRT extensions).

Will investigate further.
Unread 08-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #13
mnordlin

The problem with the sip proxy (sip3.teleman.com) not available to inbound calls persists. The Voice Provider entry in VoXaLot stated that it was "Registered", but in fact it was not. When I removed the VoXaLot entry I could easily and immediately re-register on Line2 (on port 5062) in my SIP phone GXP2000 using exactly the same credentials and server. When I tried to re-register in VoXaLot, it replied that VP was "Registered", which it wasn't since all incoming calls were handled by Line2 (the "direct" approach, without VoXaLot). After disabling Line2 in GXP2000, a re-registration could not be completed by VoXaLot, neither on port 5060 nor on 5062, messages remained "Pending" and after a while "Registration sent". No incoming calls were the obvious result. Is Teleman blocking VoXaLot or what?
So, my conclusion is that there is nothing wrong with the Teleman SIP account, since it works with my GXP2000 directly. But I wish it could be used with my VoXaLoT account, mainly for portability reasons.
Unread 08-05-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

The provider can restrict what SIP devices or proxies are allowed to connect to their network.
So if Teleman refuses to allow registration with a host service, the registration fails.
Unfortunately, my observation would be that the fact that Teleman works with a GXP-2000 directly only proves that Teleman works with a GXP-2000 (!).

It might be a good idea to ask Teleman if they can support the use of Voxalot with their service.

Last edited by kurun; 08-05-2007 at 03:54 PM.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2007, 12:01 PM   #15
mnordlin

Problem resolved! My Teleman account is now operational and inbound calls are accepted again (on my GXP2000 since yesterday, on VoXaLot since today, Monday). I'm not sure whether Teleman support has done anything, but I haven't. I suppose it could be that the registration caching period of Teleman's sip server is extremely long (read elsewhere in this forum that 1h is normal) or that the registration was hung somehow, locked to the other IP address.

Anyway, my Teleman VSP account is now fully functional with VoXaLot and everything works as I expected. Thank you so much for bearing with me and for this fantastic service.

Addendum 10-08-2007:
My problems with inbound calls (from PSTN) were not solved as I thought when writing this post. The friendly Teleman support suggested to change from sip3.teleman... to the IP-address from DNS, which fixed the issue right away. To me it looks like the A-record issue (vs. SRV-record) reported elsewhere. - Forgive me for being boring, but I just wanted to give the complete picture.

Last edited by mnordlin; 10-08-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: revised
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #16
smartbiz

smartbiz is on a distinguished road
Default No Incomming

Hi Martin...!!
I Use voxalot to rcv calls from IPKall as well as from Gizmo Project sip contacts. Since last day or two I get an incomming ring with CID but no communication. I tried changing Codecs in SPA-1001 but still no luck. Any suggestion on that???
Voxalot User ID 857070
smartbiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 08:28 AM   #17
bpere

bpere is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with incoming calls from Gizmo project

Hi,

Since some time, I also have been experiencing difficulty with incoming calls originating from Gizmo project. What happens after picking up the call on my device (Siemens C450IP) is that either there is no audio at all or sometimes after waiting for about 8 seconds, the audio begins to work. Calls TO gizmo project users (via Sipphone) work perfectly. Other inbound calls through DID's (Ipkall, uknumber), as well as outbound (Voipdiscount) are also OK.
bpere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #18
haifischjunge

haifischjunge is on a distinguished road

hi,

i think i have a simular problem. to save sip registrations i forwarded one inbound number to voxalot instead of registering. however if i call the number i hear 2 short beeps (not like ringing) and then my devices says call rejected.

the forward from another account works.

it would be nice if you could have a look at this, perhaps have a peek in the logs, i could provide you with my voxalot extension.
haifischjunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #19
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by haifischjunge View Post
hi,

i think i have a simular problem. to save sip registrations i forwarded one inbound number to voxalot instead of registering. however if i call the number i hear 2 short beeps (not like ringing) and then my devices says call rejected.
Please PM me

1. The number you are dialing from
2. The Voxalot number you are dialing
3. If you are forwarding to EU, AU or US
4. Time of last unsuccessful call

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote