Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-31-2007, 07:12 AM   #1
bokaroseani

bokaroseani is on a distinguished road
Default Call drops every 3 to 5 minutes

Hi,

I am a long-time user of voxalot service...I have used it with a DLink DVG-1402S ATA as my home phone for last 1. We recently moved from the US to the Netherlands and just got our ADSL internet connection set up this weekend. Unfortunately, I now find that any calls that I make through the same ATA that I used in the US, calls drop every 3-5 minutes. I have not been able to make calls for longer than 6 minutes over the internet even when I route the calls through other VoIP services via voxalot (I tried Gizmoporject and Voipdiscount). So I beleive that the problem is not at voxalot server end but maybe in my service provider's end?

Another thing that I just discovered is that incoming calls to my ATA do not get dropped, not at least in the 15 or so minutes that I tested it. But outgoing calls from my ATA to other sip numbers or regular telephone numbers get dropped after about every 5 minutes.

I am wondering if anyone in this forum has experienced similar problem and if so, what have they done to fix it. Does anyone know if internet service providers can detect and end a SIP call legally in the Netherlands? (I cannot attribute this to the internet service provider with any certainty but it seems very likely.) I use an ADSL service from a company called iPact which has its own "Voice over ADSL" service which I did not subscribe to.

If anyone has similar experience or has a suggestion for me, please do let me know. Thanks.
bokaroseani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:14 AM   #2
bokaroseani

By the way, the only thing that I changed in the router configuration after arriving in the Netherlands was to change the proxy server from us.voxalot.com to eu.voxalot.com. I do not see why that would cause this call dropping phenomenon.
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Why don't you change back to the US server to eliminate the possibility?
Also, the preferred server cluster on the Member Details page should match your registration on your ATA, although I am not sure if this makes any difference.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:50 PM   #4
bokaroseani

Thanks. I tried it that way too. I changed the preferred cluster on voxalot website to US and also on my ATA. It still drops call every 4-5 mins. So it does not solve the problem.

I hvae not been able to make a call longer than 6 minutes so far using my new internet service provider (doesn't matter whether I use eu.voxalot.com or us.voxalot.com) and I must have tried at least 30 times. I am sort of giving up. If its the internet service provider that is playing this trick, I do not have much hope to be able to fix it unless I change my service provider.

But I am still curious why they are only blocking calls that "I" initiate while letting the UDP voice packets pass through their network when the call is initiated from outside and only ends on my router. Does anyone know what might be the reason?
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
calvin_baank

calvin_baank is on a distinguished road

have this same issue.

Outgoing calls dropping after 950 frames.
Incoming not a problem..
calvin_baank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
calvin_baank

I think my outgoing port is block because i have to use 4060(us.voxalot.com:4060), router sip port 5060 and connects fines.
Just drops the call.
Unread 08-01-2007, 04:07 PM   #7
calvin_baank

fixed it by changing the EXT SIP Port to 5063 and server was always us.voxalot.com:4060, SIP port 5060
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #8
bokaroseani

Hi Calvin,

Could you please elaborate on what changes you did to the ports?

Do you mean you changed the SIP server setting to 5063? What do you mean by EXT SIP? My router (DLink DVG1402S) has a place to enter the port number at two places; one is under "SIP configuration", another is under "STUN server configuration" and the third is under "user agent configuration" where I enter my voxalot number and password details. Currently my SIP port and user agent port are set to 5060, whereas the STUN server port is set to 3478. Can you please help me find which of these is analogous to your EXT SIP port? Thanks.
Unread 08-02-2007, 05:45 AM   #9
peters

peters is on a distinguished road
Default re: how I fix call drop

hi, not sure if my post can solve your issue, just though of to share with you how i fix the similar call drop out issue.
i set up a new spa 2000 today and test make calls, eventually calls drop out after around 30 sec.
i checked on the setting and did a little twist on the regional tab by changing FXS Port Impedance to 220+820 || 120nf .. the problem was solved.
i reckon it's good to checked through all the setting on your ata.
peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #10
calvin_baank

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokaroseani View Post
Hi Calvin,

Could you please elaborate on what changes you did to the ports?

Do you mean you changed the SIP server setting to 5063? What do you mean by EXT SIP? My router (DLink DVG1402S) has a place to enter the port number at two places; one is under "SIP configuration", another is under "STUN server configuration" and the third is under "user agent configuration" where I enter my voxalot number and password details. Currently my SIP port and user agent port are set to 5060, whereas the STUN server port is set to 3478. Can you please help me find which of these is analogous to your EXT SIP port? Thanks.

I have a unlock linksys PAP2.
That has ext sip port...
What option do u have at stun?

read here
Sipura Documentation Line 1 - voip-info.org
Re: PAP2T Issues - Same server but no service