Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-31-2009, 08:28 PM   #11
remm

remm is on a distinguished road
Default SPA3102 and Voxalot -- Solution to Calling Problem

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions.

I've found the problem -- and I'm going to post it here just in case anyone else runs into this. As you can imagine it took some time to track this down. It turns out that you may need Line1>Supplementary Service Subscription>Block CID Serv set to NO if your using an SPA3102 with Voxalot (I seem to require this setting).

If you have this problem the symptoms of this problem are that you can't call out via sipbroker, or via a PSTN provider ("We're sorry, the number you have dialed could not be connected, please try again."), and when you use *500 your asked for both your mailbox number and password. Basically it looks like your not really authenticated for outgoing calls. However -- you can still call in for example from Callcentric via sipbroker.

One thing I am confused by -- the voxalot faq for the 3102 shows a screen shot that shows Block CID Serv set to YES -- but that definitly does not work for me. Maybe Voxalot has been changed some since this screen shot or maybe I'm special -- don't know.

The other thing I will say -- I also set up the SPA3102 syslog service using a Linux based syslog server. It seems that the SPA implementation is a bit strange as not all of the messages have a facility/severity code on them -- and they use a variety of different facilites: LOCAL0, LOCAL2, and LOCAL3, and severities INFO and DEBUG. However, as I said some key messages like REGISTER and SIP responses are not logged with the standard format (don't have either a facility or severity). In the end I found that using wireshark to monitor the incoming udp packets was simpler. Anyway -- just in case anyone needs to do this.

Another confusing thing: In the syslog messages I found that about 1/3 to 1/2 the time the REGISTER would return a SIP 401 Unauthorized. Is this normal? Everything seems to work -- the ATA just does another REGISTER immediatly which always works -- but it seems strange unless this is just part of the DIGEST auth process?

Anyone has any thoughts let me know.

Rob
remm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
mohnashaat

mohnashaat is on a distinguished road

i have also the spa3102 registered with voxalot, , about the BlockCID serv. i have it : yes (default) and it's working fine, i readed on another forum that is onlyimportant for those who use some 2-Stage dialing need to keep it off same for Cfwd All Serv.

but idon't know the cause
mohnashaat is offline   Reply With Quote