Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #11
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

Is this because the combined page is too big for my phone?

Will I be able to access the basic and advanced page when they are separate?

I really want to have the facility to initiate a call between two phones (not my mobile) and be able to type in the numbers for both phones.

Please can you let me know when I should try again - in the meantime I am off to to try another mobile phone

Last edited by chatalot; 11-01-2007 at 08:23 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #12
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatalot View Post
Is this because the combined page is too big for my phone?

Will I be able to access the basic and advanced page when they are separate?

I really want to have the facility to initiate a call between two phones (not my mobile) and be able to type in the numbers for both phones.

Please can you let me know when I should try again - in the meantime I am off to to try another mobile phone
I believe that it is not too big for your phone but, rather, your provider is limiting it. It is a bit hard to diagnose for me as my phone works OK.

You will be able to access both pages... it is up to you which one is more convenient.

I am not sure about your particular error. The 413 error that 244751 is normally caused due to limited packet sizes (which I must admit I really don't understand - I just checked my page and it is only 2387 bytes in size!) All I can do is go from what I read on the web...

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #13
chatalot

Craig - if it is any help to you, I have done some playing with different phones and my provider is allowing access but it appears that mobile.voxalot.com is not compatible with any of my nokia phones - I tried a 3510i and a 7650. All is working ok with a Motorola RAZOR. Please let us know when you separate the pages so I can try again with my nokia
Unread 11-06-2007, 09:03 PM   #14
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Ok, I have made a few changes to have a page that has just the phone book entries (like it used to).

See the screenshots below for what it looks like now. The first one is the new mobile home page, and the second one is what you see if you click on the "Mobile Call-Back Book" link.

Any feedback would be appreciated... I hope to get it deployed in a couple of days.

--
Craig
Attached Images
File Type: png home.png (4.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png book.png (7.1 KB, 7 views)
Unread 11-06-2007, 09:30 PM   #15
chatalot

Have you considered making it possible to use a string to set up a call back- like sending messages on voipcheap.com as below

https: //myaccount.VoipCheap.com/clx/sendsms.php?username=xxxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx x&from=xxxxxxxxxx&to=xxxxxxxxxx&text=xxxxxxxxxx

Maybe a java client could be used to construct the string - I am thinking of keeping GPRS data to a minimum

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...-callback.html

Last edited by chatalot; 11-06-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Unread 11-06-2007, 11:09 PM   #16
craig

Quote:
Have you considered making it possible to use a string to set up a call back- like sending messages on voipcheap.com as below

https: //myaccount.VoipCheap.com/clx/sendsms.php?username=xxxxxxxxxx&password=xxxxxxxxx x&from=xxxxxxxxxx&to=xxxxxxxxxx&text=xxxxxxxxxx

Maybe a java client could be used to construct the string - I am thinking of keeping GPRS data to a minimum
I did see your other thread, and did a bit of checking.

Did you know that initiating it via the mechanism you outlined above (a HTTP GET) versus doing it in a form (a HTTP POST) only saves 119 bytes?

--
Craig
Unread 11-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #17

244751 will become famous soon enough

Hi Craig, has the new interface been deployed yet? Am I missing something? Just a quick suggestion. Can one link just be for initiating call by specifying the phone number and provider or adding new callback numbers to your phone book while the other be for initiating via the phonebook like before?

Also you never really answered my question on the display for the voip provider when entering my callback number. Right now it displays all my providers and I have to scroll down the entire list to enter the nuber I want to call, however the provider list on the number to call side is better organized. I get a drop down list of provider and I pick the one I want. Which is really nice. Why can't the first provider list box be the same way?
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2007, 05:42 PM   #18
chatalot

I also noticed that the top number entry had a numbered list of providers but the bottom number entry has a single drop down list of the same providers. On interent explorer however you get 2 drop down lists. I tried it on a motorola V3 as my nokias would not even load the page. I am going to get myself a V3 now I know they work.
Unread 11-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #19
craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244751 View Post
Hi Craig, has the new interface been deployed yet? Am I missing something? Just a quick suggestion. Can one link just be for initiating call by specifying the phone number and provider or adding new callback numbers to your phone book while the other be for initiating via the phonebook like before?
No, you're not missing anything... we haven't deployed anything yet I talked to Mart yesterday, and we are hoping to do it within the next week. Your suggestion is exactly how it is implemented... so once it is deployed, it should hopefully be exactly what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244751 View Post
Also you never really answered my question on the display for the voip provider when entering my callback number. Right now it displays all my providers and I have to scroll down the entire list to enter the nuber I want to call, however the provider list on the number to call side is better organized. I get a drop down list of provider and I pick the one I want. Which is really nice. Why can't the first provider list box be the same way?
Oops... apologies. I must admit, though, I am not sure what you mean. When I look at the lists, they appear the same to me. Are you able to take a screen shot, or perhaps take a photo and upload it (via PM is OK too).

--
Craig
Unread 11-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #20
craig

Quote:
I also noticed that the top number entry had a numbered list of providers but the bottom number entry has a single drop down list of the same providers. On interent explorer however you get 2 drop down lists. I tried it on a motorola V3 as my nokias would not even load the page. I am going to get myself a V3 now I know they work.
Hmmm... perhaps you are having same problem as 244751? Are able to get a screenshot or take a photo also?

--
Craig