Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-22-2006, 02:26 AM   #1
mc-2000

mc-2000 is on a distinguished road
Default simultaneous call

is it possible to have more than one simulteneous call for outgoing in my account? and if yes, will spa3000 handle it?
i asked that because i suppose to buy phonegnome due to its remote call feature but the thing is it can only handle one call at a time.
mc-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 02:45 AM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc-2000 View Post
is it possible to have more than one simulteneous call for outgoing in my account?
Voxalot shouldn't have a problem with it. However, some of your VoIP providers (used with Voxalot) may limit you to one call at a time.

Also, keep in mind that you pay the bandwidth costs for each call in progress. So be sure your broadband link has enough bandwidth to handle all those calls at the same time.

NOTE: With "web callback", you don't use any of your own bandwidth (that's handled with Voxalot's servers), unless one of the call links is your VoIP adapter (in which case you pay for the bandwidth to your VoIP adapter). OTOH one "down side" of web callback, is that you may have to pay for two calls, instead of one.

Quote:
and if yes, will spa3000 handle it?
A single SPA-3000 only has support for one "phone". So the best you can do with an SPA-3000 by itself (assuming you have the bandwidth and the VoIP accounts to support it) is a "3-way" call (two calls "at the same time" merged together) + a VoIP<=>PSTN connection (for a total of 3 call paths max).

Of course, assuming you have the bandwidth and VoIP accounts for it, there is nothing preventing you from using more than one adapter on your LAN (for example, buying a 2nd SPA-3000 and setting it up as well). And as long as you are careful to setup the adapters so they don't "fight" for internet addressing, this will work. For example (while it isn't our current family configuration), my family has (in the past) used both my SPA-3000 and my older SPA-2000 (for different phone calls) "at the same time" without problem. But I did have to be careful to adjust the two adapters so that they used different VoIP ports, and therefore didn't get confused as to which voice stream was connected with which adapter...

Quote:
i asked that because i suppose to buy phonegnome due to its remote call feature but the thing is it can only handle one call at a time.
And while the SPA-3000 can do "dial in and back out" tricks as well (assuming you have enough bandwidth to support it), the SPA-3000 is also limited to one channel/call at a time with such advanced tricks.

If you really need a number of advanced phone lines at the same time, I suggest you look into a full IP-PBX package. For example, many people are happy with http://www.asterisk.org for an IP-PBX. Just keep in mind that while an IP-PBX may be able to easily handle multiple calls "at once", you still may be limited by your total bandwidth as well as any rules your VoIP providers may impose upon you.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 09:46 AM   #3
mc-2000

thanks a lot for the prompt reply

so do you mean that the 'dial in and back out' thing and the '3 way call' thing can not be done at the same time? does that mean that no matter what happen one of the caller will get a busy line? am i right?

basically its not really a personal thing.i will be having a small business center in our local area..just for small close knit community and with it i plan to include voip innternational calls.(it will greatly hellp all of us having a cheap calls specially that christmas is coming).
though as you can see im so new at this things thats why i thought of starting with simple devices like phonegnome or spa3000 but as you said it will not accomplish my obejective of having at least 2-3 simultaneous calls.
dont you guys have some kind of a package plan for individuals like me ? just rely on your technology and know how? i hope.

Last edited by mc-2000; 10-22-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Unread 10-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
DracoFelis

Quote:
so do you mean that the 'dial in and back out' thing and the '3 way call' thing can not be done at the same time? does that mean that no matter what happen one of the caller will get a busy line? am i right?
With an SPA-3000/3102, you can do a 3-way call (on the "Line 1"/"Phone" side of the adapter) + a VoIP=>PSTN (if you hook the unit up to a real telco line) call at the same time.

However, the only way built into the SPA-3000/3102 to do a VoIP=>VoIP call, is to hook the two sides of unit together (with a telco patch cable), essentially giving you a VoIP=>PSTN=>VoIP (or put another way a VoIP=>LineJack=>PhoneJack=>VoIP) call. And since that requires both sides of the adapter, you are limited to either using the "Phone" or letting someone remotely get in (i.e. only 1 full in/out call path), but not both at the same time. And any such in/out calls will essentially use twice your bandwidth (i.e. bandwidth for the call in VoIP path + bandwidth for the call our VoIP path).
Unread 10-25-2006, 03:35 AM   #5
mc-2000

cant voxalot offer such thing? i mean ill just buy your pre-configured device. fully working out of the box as specified? can you?
oh and thanks a lot for the infos !!
Unread 10-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
mc-2000

this http://www.asterisk.org/ needs time so eventually i jump on it but for my immediate need..will spa9000 alone will solve this? if not, what else i needed?
Unread 10-31-2006, 12:45 AM   #7
DracoFelis

Quote:
cant voxalot offer such thing? i mean ill just buy your pre-configured device.
I'm sure Voxalot could get in the business of selling pre-configured adapters. However, the labor involved is non-trivial (especially if/when a lot of options are desired). Then there is the support costs, and shipping/invintory costs. And lets not forget costs for returns, if/when the user isn't 100% happy with the results.

To cover those costs, we would either have to have a significant "markup" over the "wholesale" price of the equipment (which may make the price "too high" for our users), or we would have to have some markup with high volumn.

Due to the problems above, we aren't currently planning to offer this service. However, at some time in the future, we may decide that the volumn of potential purchasers (at the price we would have to charge at that volumn) would be high enough to consider this as an option.
Unread 10-31-2006, 12:50 AM   #8
DracoFelis

Quote:
this http://www.asterisk.org/ needs time so eventually i jump on it but for my immediate need..will spa9000 alone will solve this? if not, what else i needed?
I'm afraid I'm not an SPA9000 expert, and I don't know of any other Voxalot folks who are SPA9000 experts either. So I really can't answer that question.

However, I can point you to where you might be able to get the answer. I suggest you head on over to the LinkSys/Sipura forum over on Voxilla.com. That forum is for all LinkSys/Sipura adapters (not just the SPA9000), but it still has a lot of SPA9000 "experts" on it. So if you have a question about what is possible (and how easy it is to do) with the SPA9000, I suspect that forum is your best bet for getting the info you need.

http://forum.voxilla.com/linksys-sip...a-users-group/
Unread 10-31-2006, 05:19 AM   #9
mc-2000

thanks again for the patiene and help.
i guess ill just give up on this thing and just wait for voxalot to offer something like this.