Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-03-2010, 08:25 PM   #21
botkachenko

botkachenko is on a distinguished road
Default Wideband audio codec support!

No one has mentioned this, but the default set of supported audio codecs should be supplemented at least with G722. If I try to add this manually I get an error message.
Calling from one wideband-capable SIP provider to another via Voxalot decreases audio quality, that should not be the case at least for Premium users
However if I am missing something and this feature works, any guidance would be much appreciated!
botkachenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #22
martj76

martj76 is on a distinguished road

Better call forwarding rules are essential - they seem to be asked about a lot on the forums and nobody seems to answer or even commenting.

Something as simple as:
When unavailable: call xxx
When Busy: do xxx

With the above added to your existing call forwarding rules, the system could be used as it should be. As it stands it look like the only way people can achieve the above is to go to someone like PBXes as it can easily be done there but that shouldn't be necessary, plus their customer service is absolutely disgusting!!!

Of course if their is a way of doing this please share it asap.

Many thank team!
martj76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2011, 03:12 AM   #23
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by botkachenko View Post
No one has mentioned this, but the default set of supported audio codecs should be supplemented at least with G722.
It has been mentioned before: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...and-codec.html. I'm also hoping Voxalot will be supporting this (now) free codec in the near future.
Billion 7800VDPX + Siemens Gigaset A580IP and Yealink T22P.

Last edited by ozimarco; 02-13-2011 at 05:00 AM.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #24
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozimarco View Post
It has been mentioned before: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-gen...and-codec.html. I'm also hoping Voxalot will be supporting this (now) free codec in the near future.
Voxalot supports g722 passthrough i.e. if your VoIP device supports g722 and you are calling another VoIP device directly (via Voxalot e.g. *010 etc) that also supports g722 and both are configured correctly, the calls will connect using this Codec.

At the moment we do not support g722 when connecting to downstream voice service providers.

I will look into the viability of doing so and advise.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #25
juresco

juresco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to juresco Send a message via Skype™ to juresco

emoci's idea is really cool, that is also what i'm looking for, i am also using viatalk, and i like all their features, one of the great things i like was the call forward variables, which just like emoci's one point that if no device is registered to voxalot, you can specify a forwarding number for that. and simultaneous ring (Call Fork) is a great feature. and i don't know f 3-way calling is already available and call transfer feature would be great... or the feature i'm used to are as follows: Call-waiting, 3-way calling, call forwarding (with the variables of when busy, when not registered,), Call Hunt, Inbound-Outbound Recording, and CALL TRANSFER...

Last edited by juresco; 03-13-2011 at 07:52 PM.
juresco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #26
masvil

masvil is on a distinguished road

My only wish: incoming calls and VSP field in call log.
masvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #27
toolio

toolio is on a distinguished road

Call forwarding that actually works when you try to forward incoming calls from a specific provider. This has been broken for years now. (There is a history in these forums of people--including me--ever being able to make it work).
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote