Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-08-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road
Default Issue with tf.voipmich.com

Anyone notice a problem with tf.voipmich.com? As of today it doesn't seem to be accepting any calls, at least not from my ATA.

Last edited by boatman; 05-05-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Update
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
boatman

Once again I am having difficulty completing calls which are routed through tf.voipmich.com. As tf.voipmich.com is one of at least two toll free terminators used by Voxalot for US calls, I wonder if this issue is affecting any other Voxalot users?
Unread 12-31-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Yes, Toll Free calls through tf.voipmich.com are not working for me.
I have been routing through Sipbroker lately (*18xxx.....).
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2007, 06:32 PM   #4
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I used to find that the ENUM lookup of voxalot causes a random carrier to be chosen, some don't connect and some have poor sound quality. This is not a fault of voxalot.

It is possible to force a particular provider that works for you by configuring it as a VSP with any username and password and then having a dial plan route the calls via that VSP.

I do this for uk toll free as I find that freenum.sip.telecomplete.net works best for me. For US toll free though, I agree with Kurun that using sipbroker is usually quite reliable. I have a dialplan to put the * in for me but you could just do it manually.

As far as I am aware you cannot dial uk 0800, 0808, 0500 via sipbroker. It does not accept *0800 as a valid code. This is why I use the VSP method above.

Last edited by chatalot; 12-31-2007 at 06:38 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
boatman

Hello Martin and the Voxalot team!

tf.voipmich.com is still not working. I think they may have permanantly stopped offering toll free call termination. I just did a "Dial Plan Test" and I see that you are still trying to route calls to tf.voipmich.com. Of course the calls fail, so can you please replace tf.voipmich.com with another carrier? There are several, how about using proxy01.sipphone.com or the one used by Free World Diallup? This would save newbies from a lot a frustration. Even though it's not the fault of Voxalot, newcomers may not know that and it makes Voxalot look bad when calls don't work.

Best wishes to all,
boatman
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:25 AM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Hello Martin and the Voxalot team!

tf.voipmich.com is still not working. I think they may have permanantly stopped offering toll free call termination. I just did a "Dial Plan Test" and I see that you are still trying to route calls to tf.voipmich.com. Of course the calls fail, so can you please replace tf.voipmich.com with another carrier? There are several, how about using proxy01.sipphone.com or the one used by Free World Diallup? This would save newbies from a lot a frustration. Even though it's not the fault of Voxalot, newcomers may not know that and it makes Voxalot look bad when calls don't work.

Best wishes to all,
boatman
To the best of my understanding, it's not VoXalot routing through tf.voipmich.com but rather VoXalot is routing through ENum (e164.org in this case, which in turn uses tf.voipmich.com as a provider for Toll Free calls)

For the time being force a call via SipBroker by dialing *1800xxxxxxx which seems to be routing fine, or configure your dial plan to automatically route 1800 calls via SipBroker....

We'll see if we can get evilbunny involved http://forum.voxalot.com/e164-org-su...pmich-com.html

Last edited by emoci; 01-11-2008 at 06:33 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:31 AM   #7
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
To the best of my understanding, it's not VoXalot routing through tf.voipmich.com but rather VoXalot is routing through ENum (e164.org in this case, which in turn uses tf.voipmich.com as a provider for Toll Free calls)
Yes, I think that is correct. Everything was working well for so long, then I forgot how the system worked.
Unread 01-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #8
gambrinus

gambrinus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to gambrinus Send a message via MSN to gambrinus Send a message via Skype™ to gambrinus

Maybe it is a similar issue like I came across with German Toll Free. See http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post12691 for details.

In any case it rather has to be addressed to e164.org than to Voxalot hence Voxalot just does the lookup as it is supposed and e164.org delivers the (not working) route.
gambrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #9
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambrinus View Post
In any case it rather has to be addressed to e164.org than to Voxalot hence Voxalot just does the lookup as it is supposed and e164.org delivers the (not working) route.
OK, I reported the tf.voipmich.com issue through the contact form at http://www.e164.org/support.php
Unread 01-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #10
jack

jack is on a distinguished road

I wrote about this issue in another post.

E164.org should monitor those toll free providers better. If the situation does not improve, I would suggest Voxalot to override e164.org and to use only those toll free providers that actually work. I can't imagine that Voxalot is happy about the current situation.
jack is offline   Reply With Quote