Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road
Default account regisration

Hi guys,Hi members,

Is it possible to create hundreds of account for customers (freely of course, as this is not a resellers based service) because many people not speaking english need to register.
i can't register multiple users with my single email adress as it will be notified that an email adress has already registered to voxalot...And honestly, i do not want to create one hundred or one thousand email adresses with my domain

Thanx
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Default You wouldn't have to create thousands of new email addresses

You wouldn't have to create thousands of new email addresses. Just on "catch all" address and then subscribe at Voxalot with every time a new name before the @ sign.

But what for?
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
foneboxx

Hi Markus and thanx for your reply...
What for? Actually i need to offer registrations to my customers and then let them dial out from my asterisk.That's what i want to do.It's better than having to buy a lot of numbers and assignating them to each new customer.

The thing is that i do not know if what i'm asking is permitted or not ( For example Betamax do not want people to do that as they consider that as a reseller workaround.But yeh , Betamax sells minutes so the example is not that good... )

So i nneded to know if voxalot could let us open such number of free accounts.Could be great for them(i mean the traffic) but could use bandwitch too and i do not want to bother

Could you please explain this?
Just on "catch all" address and then subscribe at Voxalot with every time a new name before the @ sign.

Congratulations for your post on your GREAT blog regarding Truphone and Wififone, great battle
Unread 08-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #4
mgoebel

Default Catch all

Quote:
Originally Posted by foneboxx View Post
Could you please explain this?
Just on "catch all" address and then subscribe at Voxalot with every time a new name before the @ sign.

Congratulations for your post on your GREAT blog regarding Truphone and Wififone, great battle
Thanks for the congratulations. It's really fun to be in VoIP today.

A Catch-all for email, usually refers to a mailbox on a domain that will "catch all" of the email addressed to it, so any email address at the domain that doesn't belong to another mailbox will end up in this default mailbox.

A "catch all" email address is the one, which can be used to "catch all mail", which is addressed to anything@yourdomain.com. Normally you define in your internet domain's dashboard an address thats called "*@yourdomain.com". That's the catch all adress that receives all emails which don't belong to any particular mailbox.

Using a catch all can be a blessing and sometimes a curse. The "catch all" is excellent if you have a high frequency of people whom mistype your email address, as these addresses (even though mistyped), will simply be bounced to your "catch all" or "default" email account.

The curse is that spammers often try out many combinations before "@yourdomain.com" to see which email address really exists. So your "catch all" email address will probably receive lots of spam.
Unread 08-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
mgoebel

Default Even better with GMail

Another way for you would be to get a GMail account and play around with the "+" sign.

GMail has the particular advantage that E-Mails to the address "foneboxx@gmail.com" arrive in the same inbox like emails to "foneboxx+01@gmail.com" or "foneboxx+wantsmanyemails@gmail.com".

So I recommend you to set up a GMail account and open your voxalot accounts using the addresses "foneboxx+0001@gmail.com", "foneboxx+0002@gmail.com", "foneboxx+0003@gmail.com", "foneboxx+0004@gmail.com", "foneboxx+0005@gmail.com", "foneboxx+0006@gmail.com", "foneboxx+0007@gmail.com", ...

Given that Voxalot allows it!
Unread 08-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #6
foneboxx

Thanx a lot Markus, that's the point...I do not know if voxalot permits it...Martin?
Unread 08-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #7
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by foneboxx View Post
Thanx a lot Markus, that's the point...I do not know if voxalot permits it...Martin?
Best bet is to send an email to info [at] voxalot.com outlining your request and go from there.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote