Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
howser999

howser999 is on a distinguished road
Default Cant Dial Out With New Voxalot Account!

Hi All,

Just registered for a premium voxalot account today so that I could register multiple ATA's and use my VSP (GoTalk). Flew through setup, all was good, but cant seem to make an outgoing call (engaged signal). My ATA's are registering with Voxalot (although my work ATA has two phone ports, and only one will register - its a billion??), the calls are being logged but are failing.

Any ideas? My acc # is 555153.

Thanks in advance!
howser999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 08:58 PM   #2
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by howser999 View Post
Just registered for a premium voxalot account today so that I could register multiple ATA's and use my VSP (GoTalk). Flew through setup, all was good, but cant seem to make an outgoing call (engaged signal). My ATA's are registering with Voxalot (although my work ATA has two phone ports, and only one will register - its a billion??), the calls are being logged but are failing.
I just had a quick look, and everything looks OK in your Voxalot setup. Looking back over our logs for the past few days, I can see lots of entries that say: No such host: sip.gotalk.com. My suspicion is that there is something wrong with either the gotalk DNS settings or my upstream DNS server.

However, let's double check some things... can I get you to try a test without gotalk in the picture? For example, dial *010600 to hear the Echo Test.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
howser999

howser999 is on a distinguished road

Hi Craig,

Whenever I try to do the echo test it is immediately engaged. However, be fore we tackle that problem, let me explain what I am trying to do:

I have multiple ATA's which I want to register with Voxalot so that they can all use my one GoTalk account. I suppose my first question is: Can you register multiple devices on one Voxalot account?

Thanks,
howser999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2008, 03:09 AM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You should certainly be able to register multiple devices with Voxalot.

Is your ATA in use behind a router with a private IP address?
If yes, it will probably need to be set up using STUN, and perhaps also Port forwarding to the ATA IP address.

Also, are the 2 accounts on your ATA using the same SIP and RTP ports?
If yes, you are very likely to have Port conflicts, that the Voxalot server and router cannot resolve.

One suggestion would be to offset the SIP ports (Eg. Account 1 on 5060, and Account 2 on 5062), and similarly for the RTP ports (5004, 5006).

In addition, forwarding these ports (5060-5063, 5004-5006) to your ATA's IP address might also help solve the issues you are having.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #5
imagn

imagn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi Craig,

Whenever I try to do the echo test it is immediately engaged. However, be fore we tackle that problem, let me explain what I am trying to do:
This may also simply be an issue with your ATA's dial plan. If your ATA's dial plan is not allowing your dialed numbers to be passed to voxalot you wont be able to make a call at all.
imagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2008, 11:08 AM   #6
blex

blex is on a distinguished road
Default Can't dial out anymore

I used to be able to dial out using VoipCheap.com, but for the last few months and for no apparent reason this is no longer possible and I receie a cheerful automated voice saying' We're sorry...'. Voipcheap claim that they have not changed anything on there side, so I am a little perplexed. When I connect my phone to a different phone port on my voip phone adaptor and configure the port for Voipcheap, using the same settings I have used to set it up with Voxalot, there are no problems at all and I can phone out. Any advice would be appreciated.
blex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
lamo

lamo is on a distinguished road
Default No outgoing calls

Quote:
Hi All,

Any ideas? My acc # is 555153.

Thanks in advance!
I just applied and got a new Voxalot Premium Account but get busy signal when calling *500 or any real pstn number.
I use a Sipura 2000 and it shows Voxalot as registered
For outoing Providers I use Voipdiscount and Voxalot shows it registered
I also use incoming DID and they also show as registered.
Dialplan is: [x*][x*]
I have another account with similar setup with via another sipura 2000 which has been working fine (I unconnecte it to test this setup).
Any idea where to look first?
Thanks for any hints.
lamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #8
lamo

lamo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamo View Post
I just applied and got a new Voxalot Premium Account but get busy signal when calling *500 or any real pstn number.
I use a Sipura 2000 and it shows Voxalot as registered
For outoing Providers I use Voipdiscount and Voxalot shows it registered
I also use incoming DID and they also show as registered.
Dialplan is: [x*][x*]
I have another account with similar setup with via another sipura 2000 which has been working fine (I unconnecte it to test this setup).
Any idea where to look first?
Thanks for any hints.
Sorry folks for my earlier post. As you can see the dial plan above is missing the trailing period, should have been:[x*][x*].
All works fine now.
lamo is offline   Reply With Quote