View Single Post
Unread 10-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
BigTex

BigTex is on a distinguished road

My Voxalot account spontaneously became unregistered with iCall, and entered the "Auth. sent" state. I tried to connect with X-Lite, since that had worked before, but it failed also. I tried calling the number and received the message that it was no longer in service or had been disconnected. I contacted iCall and they told me that this is the standard error message that callers will receive it my ATA is not registered! I asked that they change this message, and was told:

"Unfortunately, our service is not designed with ATAs in mind. It is a carrier level service that is generally used to connect a PBX or call gateway to our servers."

Due to this issue, I'm not pursuing carrier.iCall - it's really not the right service for me. It's too bad, because the rates are very good, but more importantly, they appear to be the only company who can port my particular phone number.

Thank you very much craig, martin, and affinity, for your help. Since I'm not going to pursue iCall further, please don't feel obligated to try to debug my problem further.
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote