View Single Post
Unread 09-25-2008, 10:28 PM   #164
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaquadrat View Post

1) http://forum.voxalot.com/19196-post156.html -> admin response on all users questions and messages in last 24 h.
I think it is important to note that there are two seperate issues here: 1) Betamax calling not working for EU users, and 2) sporadic network issues. I was referring to the first issue (and will cover the second below).

It may not be obvious, but the way that Betamax manages their FUP policy is by IP address. The problem is that all calls from EU Voxalot users come from the same IP address (the EU server). Some time ago, Betamax changed their FUP policy to check a SIP header field in which we place the originating IP address of your ATA. This allows them to identify which users FUP should be checked.

The problem is that Voxalot's only involvement in the Betamax FUP is passing an IP address (which we continue to do). What they do with that is completely up to them. There have been a number of occasions where they are tweaking their FUP policy that have caused problems for our Voxalot users, but there is little we can do. You indicated as much yourself:

Quote:
i have analysed last threads on forum.voipbuster.com. it seams to me that betamax changed some configuration for 10 days ago. some user have in last 2-3 days "strange" problems and error messages configuring asterisk and other similar software.

Quote:
2) Service Status -> this information is good for nothing: all servers in last 72 h was "operational".
Yes, you are 100% correct. This page was not kept up-to-date to reflect the network outages on the EU server and for that I do apologize. There is little point in us having a status page, and not having it accurate.

Quote:
3) " ... Our network engineers have advised use that the EU server encountered a network outage ..."
selective network outage: only for betamax clones?
The network outage was not selective, they were two unrelated problems.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote