View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2006, 04:48 AM   #6
stephenh

stephenh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin
Let us know how you go.
Just tried it "both ways" and had complete success with OzTell at least.

That is, I called the Sydney SipBroker PSTN Gateway 02 8307-8846 and then dialed:-

1. My Voxalot ENUM 8829993 <Voxalot Number> which rang the Oztell phone

called back and tried:-

2. *010 <Voxalot Number> and again it rang my OzTell registered phone...

Still trying to get my head around how this ties in with SipBroker and why one would use one or the other. I think I've given myself too many options :-)

No doubt some profound pieces of documentation to soon follow? :-)

Further Update
--------------

As another test I removed the Call Forward from Voxalot so it was blank (ie no forwarding) and then set up Voxalot as an "External Internet Phone Provider" within my OzTell Web PABX. I then called the Sipbroker Gateway and dialed my Voxalot ENUM and again the OzTell phone rang.

So with OzTell at least, if you have the Web PABX option, you can happily "register" Voxalot on your OzTell account. As an aside, by similar method I've also got SIPME and Astratel registered on my OzTell Web PABX, so anyone can dial my SipMe or Astratel numbers and it rings as well (No luck getting my BBPGlobal and PennyTel numbers going the same way though... they also don't work via SipBroker for probably the same reasons?).

I know, I know, they could do that via SipBroker, but many people can't cope with that :-) Or are using SIP devices that don't have dial plans or whatever.

Stephen

Last edited by stephenh; 02-26-2006 at 05:03 AM.
stephenh is offline   Reply With Quote