View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2009, 06:55 AM   #15
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohnashaat View Post
i am suggesting a solution for the users away from voxalot. instead of adding betamax as a VSP in voxalot, adding it in their ATA as a gateway or directly in the dialplan
Indeed, adding a Betamax provider in the dial plan is a convenient way to bypass the FUP issue, and also slightly shortens the RTP packet (voice) path between your ATA and the Betamax endpoint. I have not worked with the SPA3000 and SPA3102 but I understand there is a way to specify SIP user_ID and password in the dial plan of these units.

The same dial plan solution could be used with other Linksys devices, such as PAP2 and SPA2102, if Voxalot were to offer users an alias SIP user_ID. The user's SIP device could then register to Voxalot using the alias which could be chosen identical to their Betamax user_ID, thereby allowing the PAP2/SPA2102 to successfully authenticate with Betamax. I have been using this method for over a year with Gizmo5. As you may know, Gizmo5 allows users to choose an alias SIP user_ID (the Gizmo5 name), which can often be the same as ones Betamax ID.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote