Unread 02-07-2007, 05:18 PM   #78
twen

twen is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Sounds like the WRT64GP2 is not passing leading *'s
Hello again, again

I did a lot of tests and read some webpages The WRT54GP2 is similar to the phone adapter PAP2 of Linksys (the PAP2 has no routing capability, it's just a phone adapter).. So I looked at some page and the hidden page of the WRT54GP2 (yes there is a hidden page concerning the telephony options).

The Linksys is using the * key for it's own command. **** allows to enter in the menu from a standard phone. There are about 20 different code allowing the configuration of the linksys, starting with a * !

I read an interesting article about dialplan, and just found that in the PAP2 and the WRT54GP2, you have the following plan :

|*xx|

This means clearly that a 2 digits number prefixed with a star is correctly passed ! but no 3 digits.... (ie *500 is not allowed).

The solution is then to modify this |*xx| into |*xx.| (add a period), so that any number beginning with a * is allowed ( *x. is even better or *. ). I tried this on my WRT, and *500 is now working fine

The WRT64GP2 hidden page can be found at : http://192.168.15.1/Voice_adminPage.htm
Where 192.168.15.1 is the default IP of the router. Strangely, there's no password to be asked

Hope this helps
twen is offline   Reply With Quote