View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
punjabi

punjabi is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your input Dracofelis. As an end user, as long as a fix can be implemented, I would be happy with either one of the proposed solutions. For the sake of simplicity and ease of use, I think the first fix is more appropriate.

For the people are trying to dial SIP URI's like me, there is a way to do that and which is what I am using. Just choose any SIP provider which allows you to forward the incoming calls like FWD, Gizmo Project, or Free Digits. Free Digits is better because it provides you a virtual US phone number, allows you set forwarding to 2 SIP URI's and any changes you make to "forwarding" are implemented immediately as compared to FWD which takes hours for the changes to take effect. Just set the forwarding to SIP URI that you want your calls to go to and then through the web call module of Voxalot, just call the providers numerical username/ID.

Another option is to register your landline/mobile phone number with e164.org and then call that number by selecting either Sipbroker or Voxalot provider through the web callback module. Your call be forwarded to SIP URI that you have set because both Sipbroker and Voxalot has full support e164.org lookups.

Thanks again Dracofelis. I will eagerly await the full implementation of SIP URI dialing.
punjabi is offline   Reply With Quote