View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

For the present, you are correct that there is no way to make web callback do what you want.

I think the proper "fix" to this issue, is for us to add in "SIP URI dialing" to web callback as a pre-defined "provider", in the same way that "SIP Broker" and "VoXaLot" are already pre-defined. However, if/when you pick the "SIP URI" provider, you would actually enter the full SIP URI as your "number". However, I don't have an ETA for when we might get that "fix" in place.

A quicker fix, would be for us to simply remove the "number check" that is currently on the "number" field (of web callback), thereby allowing any characters (not just ones that can be entered from a phone) to be "dialed". If we did that, you could dial SIP URIs by entering as your "number" the part of the SIP URI before the @ and defining a "provider" for the part of the SIP URI after the @. Still not as friendly as the "SIP URI dialing" option, but at least you could reach where you wanted to. Again, I don't have an ETA for you, but I will check with the other developers.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote