View Single Post
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
lehey

lehey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CID not working with NETELIP.COM !!!

I had the exact same problem with Link2VOIP. After days and days of trial and error, I came to a workaround that I hope will work for everyone:
  • If you want to receive calls from your provider, you usually have to register
  • You cannot change the "from user" when registered (although some allow it, but let's not your provider)
  • But I realized that usually, you do not have to register to place outbound calls, and this is where caller id is important, right ?

Conclusion:
  • Create one regular VSP, with registration enabled (SIP register)
  • Create another VSP, but with registration disabled (SIP register to "No"), and call it "my VSP outbound" for example. Then go to advanced settings, and change the "from user" from your userid to your phone number that you want to appear as the caller ID
  • Create a new dial plan entry, that will route outbound calls to "my VSP outbound" for any number (or patterns of your choice)
  • Here you are: done ! Inbound calls will be routed to your regular VSP entry with registration, and ring your phone, while your outbound calls will be routed through the other one ("my VSP outbound") with caller id enabled

Hope this helps, and hope it works for you...
lehey is offline   Reply With Quote