View Single Post
Unread 12-24-2007, 11:35 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenthurst35 View Post
"Trouble is it doesn't work"....

I can see from the info page that the PSTN Line has placed a VoIP call to xxxxxx@au.voxalot.com, but to the PSTN caller the line just keeps on ringing and is eventually answered by Telstra voicemail.
Hmmm.... see I don't have a SPA3102 so I am not very familiar with how it works...However I had something like this happen a while ago while trying to forward callers calling a DID number registered in my PAP2 to VoXalot for Voicemail use... (this is similar but not the same thing you are doing)

Your Setup: PSTN>>15 sec. ring>>FW to VoXalot>> VM
My setup: Call on DID registered in PAP2>>FW to VoXalot >>VM

What I noticed was that calling from landlines everything seemed to work fine,VM would answer, but Mobile callers would hear infinite ringing despite the forward....(unfortunately I wasn't able to solve this, but in my case it was a DID number so I registered it directly on VoXalot and that solved my issues, in your case you want to link the PSTN to VoIP which means you can only use the SPA for this)

Quote:

I have used Gizmo to test a SIP call to xxxxxx@au.voxalot.com and this goes immediately to voicemail, so the address appears to be valid. This occurs despite the fact that my ATA is registered to this account.

Hope this helps.
This may not be related to your problem but it bothers me that a Gizmo call does not ring your ATA but rather goes directly to VM since it means your SPA may not be registered with VoXalot properly....

I would suggest the following:

-Reset your SPA if you know how to do so without causing any problems, and provided you didn't require any special settings to set it up to start with (pretty much if there is any settings that either a provider or someone else set up for you to get it to work, you probably don't want to do a reset)

-If you can't do the reset safely, and least powercycle it, turn it off and on...

-Ensure you can make and receive calls via VoXalot and the GoTalk acct within it (do not enable the PSTN to VoIP gateway yet or have PSTN hooked up yet, ensure you can use the SPA as a normal ATA by registering it to VoXalot and try making some calls, to try receiving calls use a SipBroker Access Number and dial *010YourVoXNumber when prompted, if everything goes well your ATA should ring)

-Now enable PSTN, and hook up, and at first simply ensure that PSTN calls coming in can be received via the SPA and there is 2 way audio

-If things up to this point look good, try forwarding again, but use a VoXalot acct that's new and not used/registered anywhere else on the setup

This is pretty much a step by step trial of the SPA3102 functions in increasing complexity to see if you can find the culprit... Try forwarding to xxxxxx@voxalot.com, xxxxxx@au.voxalot.com, xxxxxx@us.voxalot.com and see if one gives better results...

Also try forwarding to your gizmo acct user@proxy01.sipphone.com (user can be your username or your 747 number) and see if it rings there when a PSTN call comes in

My overal thoughts are this:

(1) This a similar problem like I encountered with the PAP2,the Telstra line doesn't like redirections
(2) The reason it keeps ringing is that you are forwarding to VoXalot acct already registered which means VM will answer after about 28 secs by default unless you've changed it
(3) There is some sort of conflict forwarding to SPA>>VoXalot registered in SPA>>which leads back to SPA (sort of a loopback effect)
(4) There is a setting on your SPA you are overlooking

This is a slow time so not many people hang around but if some of the SPA users do drop in, they may be able to give more info and/or pointers on this...

I don't know how helpful I was....

Last edited by emoci; 12-24-2007 at 11:38 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote