View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
tararumpum
Banned

tararumpum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DracoFelis View Post
I didn't read that writeup in detail. However, my quick scan of it suggests that it was pretty well done, including the (key to success) advanced "regional" parameters for configuring the SPA3102 to work with BT format phone hardware (that step needed, because the SPA3102 comes pre-configured for US/Canada format phone hardware).

I'm not sure exactly where your voice problems are. However, you might want to try verifying your STUN setup and the router/firewall rules (on all the adapters involved). The reason I say this, is that audio loss is often the result of the voice packets either being mis-routed (bad STUN setup is often the cause) or being blocked by some firewall/router (which often drops the packets, because it incorrectly thinks they are an internet attack).

And naturally these problems are going to be most likely (because it stresses the packet routing the most) if/when you are trying to do a direct "P2P" connection between two adapters (vs just having each adapter "register" with some 3rd party, such as voxalot). For example, I have gotten VoIP to VoIP adapter (direct P2P between the two adapters) calls to work in the past, but ONLY if/when I setup my broadband router to forward all the SIP and RTP (voice packet) ports directly to my VoIP adapter. If I don't do this "port forwarding" (and instead depend "just" on STUN and the call setup to open the needed router ports dynamically), normal (outbound and registered) calls usually work but P2P calls lose audio (just as you are apparently experiencing)!

Again, I don't know if this is your problem, but it is the place I would look, because in my experience some router/firewall/STUN settings work more reliably for VoIP then others. And often when the sound is lost, it is due to a situation where these aren't setup as well as they could be for VoIP.
Hello,
Thanks for your help. But before that I will make changes as per Setting up Linksys PAP2 - Voxalot FAQ - option1 and option2 or 3. i will let you know tomorrow.
Many thanks,
tararumpum is offline   Reply With Quote