Thread: Caller ID
View Single Post
Unread 11-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte View Post
My Voxalot works great, got two lines both for incomming and outgoing. There is just one problem, Caller ID is not working. Whenever I get a voicemail I can see the callers number in the mail, so Voxalot is receiving the number correct. However, for some reason it does not look as if the Caller ID is forwarded...

I am using a Linksys PAP2T and a Swedish (CellIP) and a Norwegian (Phonzo) provider.

Any ideas?
I've had the same problem for a long time and had just about given up--couldn't figure out where the problem was. Yesterday I had some trouble calling out so did some very minor reconfigurations on my (Sipura) ATA (changed the voxalot server, then the STUN server). I ended up changing the voxalot server back to what it had been, so I think the STUN server was the only _real_ change I made. Suddenly, today caller ID is working again. So could I have been using a defective/non-existent STUN server, and could this have caused caller ID to stop working? I don't profess to know if this is what got things working again--but it may be. You might want to try another STUN server. If that does get caller ID working for you, please post here so I'll know myself whether it could play any role.

James

PS I had some other posts on this topic in the forum but I can't find them now. I was hoping to find that thread and to post there that I may have found the problem. I'll keep looking for that thread.
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote