View Single Post
Unread 06-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #4
AlexErko

AlexErko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clundestad View Post
As i wrote in the other thread there are major improvements to the VoIP functionality in version 3 of the firmware. I currently have v. 3.0633.09.04.

I find this page very useful for checking the availability of new firmwares for my Nokia phones without connecting the phone and running the Nokia update software:
Nokia - Software update availability
That page is not accurate for all Nokia phones, unfortunately. I used it, as well as the Nokia update software, and the answers were that there was no newer firmware available for my E70 phone. However, when I rang the local Nokia service centre and told them the details of my phone and its firmware, they told me that they could update the firmware. So, I took the phone to them yesterday, as I mentioned above.

The version of the firmware (3.0633.09.04) that you have is a later one than the version (2.0618.07.10) that I recieved yesterday at the service centre, however, that upgrade was nevertheless a big improvement over my phone's original firmware (1.0610.05.07). Hopefully, in due course, the 3.0633.09.04 version, or similar, will also be available for my phone too.
AlexErko is offline   Reply With Quote