View Single Post
Unread 12-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #6
Kenthurst35

Kenthurst35 is on a distinguished road

OK, I've done some more testing.....

With a new Voxalot account specifed in the PSTN Line dialplan, as I've said before the line appears to the PSTN caller to just ring out. Curiously though, after each call I am getting an email from Voxalot as below:

"Hello:

just wanted to let you know you were just left a 0:04 long message (number 5) in mailbox xxxxxx from Unknown Caller, on Wednesday, December 26, 2007 at 04:12:54 AM, so you might want to check it when you get a chance by dialing extn *500. Thanks!

--Voxalot Voicemail Server"

Each time a run this test, I get a new message identical to the one above, including the supposed message duration of 0:04. Strange huh?

I have also tried specifying my sipphone account on the PSTN tab, and I find that when I ring through on PSTN it does ring the Gizmo app running on my PC. Of course this may not be a valid test since both the ATA and PC running Gizmo are on the same LAN.

What I am beginning to wonder is if this problem is due to the fact that I am using IP dialling, but have no STUN server setup and NAT Mapping Enable set to NO. I have read a number of threads detailing problems of 1-way audio/loss of RTP packets and I am wondering if I have this problem since according to Voxalot I am leaving voicemails on the new account I set up.

Presumably, NAT/STUN server settings are not as important if the ATA is doing a SIP registration, and that is why I up until now I have not been having problems making or receiving VoIP calls using the ATA.

Am I getting anywhere here?
Kenthurst35 is offline   Reply With Quote