View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2010, 03:43 PM   #9
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Ok, this thread is ancient and probably no sensible person is still trying to use the MTA 6328-2R anymore. But I've got a friend who got ahold of one and wants to use it with a voxalot account and I'm helping her set it up, so bear with me.

I've got admin priviledges and have managed to register the device on voxalot and get a dial tone. So far I've not been able successfully to dial any number other than the echo test, and I believe the problem is the dial plan in the ATA. Searching for a solution led me to this thread, which seems promising. But I'm not sure I understand correctly how to enter the dial plan.

I have some experience with telnet and was able to telnet to the device just fine. And I got to the section where dial plans are to be entered as well. But I'm confused about just how the dial plans posted above are to be entered and the forms in which I've tried entering them so far have not resulted in successful call termination (e.g., to a toll free number or to another voxalot account number). Thus, the following questions.

In the telnet session, under section Cd, when you enter the dial plan does it really need to contain all the characters in, for example, the suggested entry VoIP_Digit_Map_String="(>#|[*x]x.T)"? In other words, you first enter the text string with upper and lower case letters, each word of which is separated by an underslash, then the equals sign, then quotation mark following by parenthesis and other characters, finally culminated by closed parenthesis and closed quotation mark?

Input on the proper form for entering the dial plan within the telnet session will be appreciated.

Thanks,
James

PS This device does not seem to allow use of the 7.11u codec: will that be a source of any problems?
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote