View Single Post
Unread 09-24-2007, 09:32 AM   #15
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Looking at your log snippets, my guess is the reason the ACK is *not* being sent directly to the Contact URI is because Voxalot NAT handling is kicking in and changing the Contact URI.

If the have "Symmetric NAT Handling" set to yes and your Contact URI is and RFC1918 address as highlighted in your log:

Then Voxalot will change this Contact in the 200 OK message before passing it back to the PSTN gateway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telenerd View Post
Hi Martin
Unfortunately that is not the answer I wanted to see. My research led me to believe if the NAT option was YES or ROUTE then the CONTACT URI would be ignored.

So we still do not know why the ACK is not sent to my CONTACT URI when the call originates from the sipbroker PSTN gateway.

Most people will not have a problem if the ACK is sent to the URI that was registred because it is usually the same as the CONTACT obtained from the 200 OK. Not so in my case.

Is there no hope of getting this to work? I believe that RFC3261 is pretty clear that the ACK should be sent to the CONTACT URI derived from 200 OK.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote