View Single Post
Unread 06-20-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimecine View Post
UPDATE: now it works again. I wish I had more control over this, it kind of makes me uneasy having to wait for registrations timing out etc. I guess that's one of the big drawbacks with voip in it's current state...
The Providers page shows the registration status of a provider, usually with a few minutes delay.
The registration expiration duration is not shown, however Voxalot renews registration every 3600s as default.

It has been posted here that you can force a new registration attempt by toggling SIP register to No and back to Yes.

Typically, you can easily tell if a SIP device (ATA, Phone, or softphone) is registered by checking the IP phone screen, logging in to the status page on the device, absence of dial tone, or other information on the softphone.

Some VSPs do post the registered device and IP address, but in general I have not seen this as a problem with wired or mobile devices I have used.
I have not used a Nokia E61.

Last edited by kurun; 06-21-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: To add quote from replied to posting for clarity
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote