Thread: New to voxalot
View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #2
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwalian
HI,

From what i understand on voxalot I have two choices - setup a gateway (am not sure if the pap2 has that capability) or setup Voxalot in line one instead of Koala.

If I make it outbound calls I understand they will go through Voxalot and then the calls would be routed by the dial plan I have in place.

So i would only have to have line one line active with multiple vsp's. But since Koala and Astratel both require the ata's to be registered with them how would this work.
If you set up Koala and Astratel in the "Providers" section of Voxalot, that will handle the registration for you instead of having to do it in your PAP2. The advantage is that you can then access different providers on the one telephone. You can do this either by setting different "if" scenarios on your dialplan based on the number dialled or by accessing the providers manually (i.e. #1 for Koala and #2 for Astratel) - also set up in your dialplan.

However unless your providers allow you to redirect incoming calls to your Voxalot SIP address you won't be able to receive incoming calls on either of these providers. Mind you, as the PAP2 has 2 ports you could always put another telephone on the other port and register it with one of the providers directly.

I hope I've interpreted everything correctly here - I'm a Voxalot newbie myself. If I haven't, will someone please correct any inaccuracies, as I have a PAP2 and that's how I've done it!

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote