View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2007, 06:43 AM   #5
juancarlos

juancarlos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
Here's an idea.... how about allowing sub-accounts?

I, for instance, have two FreeCall numbers -- one is the main acount number and the other is a sub-account. I pay less for the sub-account per month.

My suggestion would be for a Voxalot main account being able to have sub-accounts with all accounts aggregating the 'SIP Register' count and no additional charges for a sub-account -- or a lesser cost sub-account version, just like FreeCall.

What do you guys think Tony / Martin / Craig?
My guess would that, this feature would require great programming, and I am not sure would add a lot for some needs. Either a delay feature or a feature that would allow 2 numbers to be forwarded simultaneously would be fine

My problem with my 2 voxalot account setup is that after ringing 3 times at home my VSP forward the call to another voxalot account that in turn forward the call to my mobile. and all this takes so much time that the user just thinks no one is at home and hangs before I had the chance to answer. Simultanous calls will solve this. So I stick for now to a Linksys WRT54GP2 with 2 ports. One port connected directly to my VSP and another to voxalot. When someone call me home port 2 will ring (and port 1 will not ring as it is forwarded to mobile) this has the advantage that the forwardning is much quicker than using 2 voxalot accounts....the home phone will ring first and the mobile will ring after apporx 5 seconds or so after the landline had rang.

i can now have my VOIP/GSM phone with me and would not miss calls. The only problem that I have is that If I get a voxalot-voxalot call it goes directly to the forward (and I pay GSM prices), and that I paid twice to voxalot to test..hehehe
juancarlos is offline   Reply With Quote