Thread: Cisco 7940
View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #5
jonfry

jonfry is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to jonfry Send a message via AIM to jonfry Send a message via Yahoo to jonfry Send a message via Skype™ to jonfry

***UPDATE***

Considering eu.voxalot.com was down yesterday I decided to have a go formatting the .cnf files with settings from both Sipgate and Localphone instead and managed to make some progress.

I already have VoXaLot working on my Nokia N95 so I'm going to leave it that way for now and run my Cisco 7940G with Sipgate and Localphone as both of these provide me with local DID's.

If anybody else buys a 79XX series Cisco IP phone and gets stuck upgrading the firmware from SCCP or MGCP to SIP via a TFTP server then either update this thread (I'm subscribed to it so will receive the email notification) or PM me.

I'm sure there's better VOIP phones on the market but considering this one only cost me £35 GBP (£30 phone, £5 power supply) from eBay and a few hours of messing around I can't complain about either the cost or the quality of the product. If you're into messing like I am then this is an ideal option.
jonfry is offline   Reply With Quote