View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2007, 03:32 PM   #6
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2007 View Post
here it is..hope i did it right.
Your info looks like it came through fine. The following comments are based upon the info I saw in your attached (settings) file:

{edit: Removed mistaken comments about the OP's STUN settings}
The STUN settings I use/recommend are included in my attached GIF.

I also noticed you have DNS SRV enabled for line 1, but NOT for the PSTN line. This may also explain why your PSTN line is more reliable than "Line 1" (VoXaLot). Because while VoXaLot supports DNS SRV, and DNS SRV is "in theory" better than the default/alternative, in my experience enabling DNS SRV on the adapter actually tends to considerably LOWER reliability. So, since it is optional with VoXaLot, I would personally suggest you set both "Use DNS SRV:" and "DNS SRV Auto Prefix:" to "no" (i.e. change them from "yes" to "no", and see if it helps any).

And finally, it wouldn't hurt to set "Ans Call Without Reg:" to "yes" as well. In theory this should make it slightly easier to receive an inbound call after a registration that got disrupted for some reason. However, in many cases other factors block the incomming call in that case, so this setting doesn't help most of the time. So I consider this setting as one that helps only a very small amount, but doesn't hurt anything to leave on (so why not set it to "yes", as you have nothing to lose?).

But beyond those comments, most of what I was seeing in your settings looked pretty good (at least on my initial look over it).
Attached Images
File Type: gif STUN2.GIF (3.8 KB, 10 views)
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote