View Single Post
Unread 11-24-2006, 12:19 AM   #7
MrHatken

MrHatken is on a distinguished road

Hello Muzzza (et al.),

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzza View Post
is this still the case - no out-bound proxy even in advanced mode?

what's the differance between 'from domain' & 'host' in the advanced setup?

M
I'm only guessing, but in case no-one else answers this might help you.

I think "from domain" may be the equivalent of "domain/realm" which ones sees in X-lite softphone and elsewhere. I guess it is supposed to be a domain (e.g. sipme.com.au) from which the voip can determine use standard names to determine (or check for hosts).

Strange thing is, most of the examples I see for setting this, seem to set a machine name (e.g. sip.sipme.com.au) rather than a domain.

I think "host" in the advanced setup is equivalent to the "SIP Proxy" which one sees in X-lite softphone and elsewhere. This being, I believe, the name of the machine to be used for SIP in and out (by default) if it is not the standard name and cannot be determined from the "domain/realm."

Now, some voip providers require a different inbound machine and outbound machine. I guess if these were standard they could be worked out from just the domain/realm. However, if they are not then one would need to specify inbound host and outbound host (or similar).

Someone please correct me if that understanding is wrong.

As Martin said, and I don't believe it has changed, Voxalot is not yet setup to handle a different outbound host (well, at least if the outbound host cannot be determined just by using the domain/realm and some standard agreed name).

I would think that adding an "outbound host" field wouldn't be too difficult at all, but then I don't know the workings of how Voxalot is setup.

I hope that helps but take it with a grain of salt.

Cheers,
Ashley
MrHatken is offline   Reply With Quote