View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

That sounds like a great solution, kurun. Unfortunately my understanding of VOIP and SIP telephony is at a sufficiently rudimentary level that I can't figure out how to implement it. One point of confusion for me is the meaning of the phrase "(a VSP) that allows peering with Sipbroker." I just don't get what that means and I suppose that, without further explanation or instruction, I'll just have to read more about this technology before I will understand it.

I do have an account with callcentric, which I have understood from reading in some forums, does allow peering with Sipbroker. But I use callcentric mainly as a temporary host for my former PSTN number: there's just an outgoing message there informing of my new VOIP number. Apart from some initial experimentation I did with callcentric, I haven't used that account for any outgoing calls.

Voxalot's dialing plans are another grey area for me: I have only a vaue conception of how they work. More research will be required for that as well.

Ideally, if this will be possible for me, I hope to implement a solution along the lines of what you've mentioned, except one that uses configuration options on my ATA (Sipura 2100)--like, maybe by setting up a speed dial entry. I did find one speed dial entry I could put there as a sort of test, one that connects to Sipbroker: *266300@sipbroker.com. I tried a similarly-configured speed dial entry for voxalot as *010500@sipbroker.com but that didn't work the way I was hoping it would.

But anyway thanks for your suggestions. If I can find the time I plan to delve into this to see if I can better understand your advice, then implement it.

James

Last edited by tatjam; 02-13-2010 at 09:27 PM.
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote