View Single Post
Unread 06-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #8
green

green will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
If other methods (to maintain an open NAT route) don't succeed, you might try registering every 179 seconds. Even though the proxy will record the registration for 600 seconds and return "expires=600", it will accept another registration before the first has expired.
No, Asterisk is following "expires=600" it received from voxalot, so it will not re-register earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Maybe someday there will be a real NAT-keep-alive module written for Asterisk. A proper NAT-keep-alive module would allow a choice of time interval, and allow sending of empty packets which are better for NAT-keep-alive because they don't add load to the proxy by causing it to respond.
What load?! There are providers who have much more subscribers than voxalot and they are still allowing 60 sec register expirations and they have no problems with OPTIONS or NOTIFY keepalives.

So for me the logical choice will be switch from voxalot to more predictable service. I already replaced all my voxalot URIs I used with e164.org, also changed my DID forwardings to another URI. Very disappointed.

Last edited by green; 06-12-2009 at 10:59 PM.
green is offline   Reply With Quote