View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your reply, boatman. You're sure right about the fact that my toll-free dial plan could match non-toll-free numbers. So far it's worked fine because I've never tried to call anyone in the 806, 807, or 808 area codes.In fact, I'm not sure I ever would call anyone in those area codes. All the same I thank you for pointing out that potential problem and suggesting alternatives.

I'm still puzzling over the alternate toll-free entries you've provided. It seems evident that the ATA will route those calls through some alternate voice provider, correct? And do these providers terminate toll free calls to anyone, or must one set up an account of some sort before they will terminate toll-free calls? And, furthermore, why do you provide so many entries? Is it so that, in case one provider can't terminate the call, you can use an alternate one?

I can't say I really understand what those entries do. I'll have to consult the manual again to try and figure it out.

And my Sipura does seem work with the commands you asked about. I determined, at some point after entering that dial plan, that calls could not have been going through voxalot. But I've forgotten now how I tested that. In any case, the software version on this ATA is 3.2.5(d). Now I'll have to go off and try to remember what lead me to conclude that calls were, in fact, being routed directly to my voice provider and were not first going through voxalot.

James

PS Any suggestions for a dial plan for when I'm calling other voxalot users, i.e., when the phone number consists in just 6 digits?
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote