View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2006, 06:41 AM   #9
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

I'm not an expert on this, so Martin may have to correct me.

I don't believe that VoXaLot is in the RTP (audio) loop during the conversation part of an established call. I believe this is set up to go directly between your ATA and the terminating provider.

The signaling which is done via SIP to establish and control the call, however, will be originating from VoXaLot as if VoXaLot were your ATA. In the strictest sense, I think iiNet could interpret this as your ATA being located at VoXaLot's SIP server location.

I follow VoIP discussions on a couple of forums and have never noticed any comments about a VoIP provider singling anyone out for a TOS violation because of this, but that doesn't mean it hasn't or couldn't happen. Unless iiNet is really out to catch this kind of situation, I doubt anyone will notice or even care, but that's just my own personal opinion.

My guess is that iiNet is mostly concerned that you're not allowing someone else to make use of the VoIP service that you've subscribed to (such as setting up a second VoXaLot extension at another location in order to share your iiNet service with another party).

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote