View Single Post
Unread 01-16-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking with you... :)

I don't know for sure what are causing your problem, but maybe you are being the result of a «commercial war». And, if that is the truth, maybe the problem is in the Budgetphone side, not on Voxalot side. Despite everything said by their assistance personal, sometimes this is the case. I've already seen something like that, where the assistance personal don't really know the truth about the blocking putted on the system and who doesn't understands nothing but the 'bible' showed to them in the training course. This is what happens here in Portugal...
What you can do? Maybe some experiments. One of them is changing the server being used. I think you are using the EU Server, which is staying in an European cluster that are making some upgrades until beginning of next February. Another problem is with internet routes interconnecting operators, which are sometimes a mess. So, you can try using the US or AU Servers to test if something changes. For that, you should unregister all of your registered providers before changing the preferred server in the members details page, registering them again after that.
If you can register any other voip provider but Budgetphone, is not very likely you are experiencing a Voxalot problem, but something between. For example, I can dial a Voipbuster contact (through sip uri) if I make a direct dial from my IP Phone registered at Voxalot, but I can not do the same if the dialling process pass through Voxalot, despite the case I can dial through Voxalot a sip uri (already tested). So, I think Voipbuster is blocking calls, at least calls coming from some IP addresses, but no one in Voipbuster will ever respond to that saying that «Yes, we are really blocking that IP address because commercially we are not interested that calls goes through Voxalot». Why? Because in that case is possible to bypass their proxy don't giving them the profit they would like to have.
If you want a Commercial paid and supported service, maybe Voxalot is not the best. Voxalot is an excellent service, but is a technical one. If you get a commercial support, then you should do only what the service is giving to you in a closed format. Of course, you will not get the most of it. And sometime you will pay for something that is overpriced, but that's life.
Regards.
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote