View Single Post
Unread 02-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
rybshik

rybshik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
By request. Please PM me the details.
Martin,

I have PMed you a copy of this message with my personal infomation.

I am implementing direct IP calling to my Sipura. So I need my SIP Broker alias to point at my Sipura connected to my DSL. As my DSL has a dynamic IP, I have obtained a domain name “blabla.dyndns.org” which points at my DSL’s dynamic IP address. So, my SIP uri will definitely have domain name “blabla.dyndns.org”.

Now I am not certain what is the best way to proceed with the username. Right now, on my Sipura I have username/ID “my_name”, so my SIP Uri would be my_name@blabla.dyndns.org. However, later on I might change my Sipura's username/ID. So is it possible to point my SIP alias at “blabla.dyndns.org” without specifying any username/ID? Or to have some kind of wild card, which will match any username?

Finally, about the non-standard port. My Internet provider is blocking standard sip ports 5060-5080. So I would like to specify a different port. For now I want to use port 4568.
So, all in all, I would like my SIP alias to point at <any_username>@blabla.dyndns.org:4568
If this is not technically possible or feasible, than at my_name@blabla.dyndns.org:4568

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Yet another question: If a SIP brocker alias is used to send calls at a SIP URI, what about voice traffic? Will it by-pass the SIP brocker server and be routed directly from the call initiator to the SIP URi?

Last edited by rybshik; 02-26-2007 at 11:02 PM.
rybshik is offline   Reply With Quote