View Single Post
Unread 05-25-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Right now, my 1300 number terminates on a fixed line number. However, the fixed line number may not be available to me at some stage in the future. Now here's the curly bit -- no-one else will ever be able to have this number. And even I will lose it unless I can get a permanent fixed diversion working [at cost]. So if the number becomes 'delisted' as such, then any calls to verify it will fail even though nobody will have this number at that time.

Just in case the above is as clear as mud:

- Orange [Hutchison Telecoms] had local and mobile numbers with CDMA services, it was marketed as a home line replacement product.

- Orange, now branded as Three is closing down the CDMA network. The best offer I have from them is that I can keep diversion of my local number ONLY if I choose to use their 3G network.

- I am trying to get Telstra to port the 'fixed line' number so that I can stop using Hutchisons completely and I will port the mobile number to a provider of my own choosing once this is done.

Further to this, if I can have an ENUM record for my 1300 number, then it will lessen the need for the fixed line number. But idealy I would like to have ENUM records for both numbers and for the fixed line number to never expire even if it becomes inoperable in the normal PSTN environment.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote