View Single Post
Unread 02-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjam View Post
And do these providers terminate toll free calls to anyone, or must one set up an account of some sort before they will terminate toll-free calls?
No account is needed.

Quote:
And, furthermore, why do you provide so many entries? Is it so that, in case one provider can't terminate the call, you can use an alternate one?
In case the call cannot be completed for any reason you can try another provider. Additionally, some people like to use the provider with the lowest voice latency or best audio quality. The ping time to the provider's RTP connection address will give you some idea about the voice latency. Last time I checked the RTP connection addresses were as follows:

voiper.ipkall.com - 66.54.140.46
tf.voipmich.com - 69.41.0.51
tollfree.sip-happens.com - 65.98.233.182
sip.tollfreegateway.com - 204.8.45.222
proxy.ideasip.com - 64.2.142.87
proxy01.sipphone.com - 130.94.88.94

Quote:
I can't say I really understand what those entries do. I'll have to consult the manual again to try and figure it out.
Press # followed by the number of your choice, then you will hear a kind of dial tone, dial the number and press # again.

Quote:
I determined, at some point after entering that dial plan, that calls could not have been going through voxalot. But I've forgotten now how I tested that. In any case, the software version on this ATA is 3.2.5(d). Now I'll have to go off and try to remember what lead me to conclude that calls were, in fact, being routed directly to my voice provider and were not first going through voxalot.
Just reload the ATA's status page during the call and note 'Call 1 Peer Phone:'. If it shows only the number dialed then the call is going through the provider set in 'Proxy:' on line 1 or line 2 settings tab.

Quote:
PS Any suggestions for a dial plan for when I'm calling other voxalot users, i.e., when the phone number consists in just 6 digits?
Maybe just press # after dialing the 6-digit number.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote