Thread: Dial Plans
View Single Post
Unread 06-01-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
rec9140

rec9140 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
Depending on whether you set up to emulate North American dialling or international dialling, you can set up a dial plan entry toward the top of your dialling plan to send the numbers you want to block to a number that results in a busy signal or a message.
I consider the numbering plan to be a flat space, thus there are digits that are wasted in dialing.

I don't want to go too deep into it, as I have a very strong opinion on this and its not entirely relevant to this, expect that I despise extra digits like 1-xxx-xxxx just to dial a call in my area code because its considered LD.

I set things up so you dial
NANPA - NPANXXyyyy dials a 10 digit NANPA number
- NXXyyyy dials a number in the same area code

Same should happen for outher countries as well.

(countrycode)number ie:
4420315xxxx

No 00, 011, 1 or other wasted telco digits.

Whats happening on the back end of things to make it work for carriers is another thing. ENUM sorta has the same theory for its look ups

(countrycode)number

VOIP should not carry over the mistakes of the telcos to its dialing mechanism just to keep people who probably shouldn't have VOIP any way happy. Like I said I have a very strong opinion on dialing mechanisms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
This replacement reults in a message "We are sorry ......"
Alternately, you can send the call to an (unregistered) provider with no credit which results in a fast busy tone usually.

Some other replacement numbers you can try using, again via Sipbroker:
*258902 (Busy tone)
*266300 (Don't get too carried away with this one ......)

Note that the pattern test is for the full length of the number with
Thanks, I'll play with these to get things worked out. Thats what I needed was what numbers would generate busy, fast busy, messages.
rec9140 is offline   Reply With Quote