View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
Sharpshark

Sharpshark is on a distinguished road
Question ENUM seems active even though it shouldn't be

That's my dial plans:
1 _1800. ${EXTEN} Unlimitel Yes
999 _xxxx. ${EXTEN} Unlimitel Yes

ENUM is disactivated in the first one, but when I do the test calls, they seem to be routed through random SIP gate(whatever the name is).

I live in Canada in the province of Quebec. I prefer to have someone to speak in french on the other side of the line. I recently had issues calling the UPS toll free number and get someone speaking french. I've just figured out that my Voxalot settings might be at cause. The number I try to dial is 1-800-PICK-UPS (742-5877).

The "Test Call" button results are:
1- A call to:1-800-742-5877 will get forwarded to sip:18007425877@tollfree.sip-happens.com
2- A call to:1-800-742-5877 will get forwarded to sip:18007425877@tf.voipmich.com

In result 1, I get the call center in the US (I believe) which only offers me english and spanish as choices.

In result 2, I get french choice in first and then english.

Any idea how to make all my toll free calls go through tf.voipmich.com ? Do the $[EXTEND], country code, area code, Geographical Lookup thingies have something to do with it?

I'm pretty new to the dial plans and how calls are routed. I've been searching for similar issues in the forum and, when close to my case, it still seems to be only case by case information.

I've discovered enumquery.com - ENUM lookup in e164.arpa and custom trees , but I don't really know how it can help me.
Sharpshark is offline   Reply With Quote