Thread: Vsat & Voxalot
View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2007, 07:50 AM   #4
Nakkoush

Nakkoush is on a distinguished road

Fist of all thanks Martin for your reply.

All the devices I am using for now are Linksys SPA 3*0* series.
The voice problems are mainly encountered in this scenario: SPA (A) which has for ex. VOXALOT number 111111 is calling SPA (B) which has for ex. another VOXALOT number 222222. (even if SPA (B) is connected to a terrestrial internet connect (DSL) and not VSAT connection while SPA (A) is through VSAT connection).

1- If I understood you properly Martin, there is nothing more from VOXALOT side like for ex. protocols or some other UDP/TCP Ports which defines VOXALOT to VOXALOT calls appart from " the SIP messaging which is performed on port 5060 (UDP and TCP)". am I right?

2-
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Th voice port for your device / phone is set by you. Usually this is a range of UDP ports, however you should be able to refine and/or change the values.
........ The only place I can see in my SPA where I can define/change ports is only under "RTP Parameters": (RTP Port Min: 16384) and (RTP Port Max:16482)...Are you Martin talking about these ports? will VOXALOT voice system work if I specify only one RTP port for example: (RTP Port Min: 16384 & RTP Port Max: 16384)? do you think that these are the ports my satellite provider is asking me to narrow them down to one port?

3- There is one question which impose itself: If I specify only one port for RTP Port Min and Max, what would happen if two SPAs are on the same network?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Nakkoush; 11-18-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Nakkoush is offline   Reply With Quote