View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #20
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjam View Post
I had been using the eu.voxalot.com server, even though I'm located in the U.S. (switched my ATA over to eu.voxalot.com sometime recently in order to run some experiments, then forgot to change it back to us.voxalot.com). Now that I've switched back to us.voxalot.com I've ceased getting these FUP exceeded messages--at least so far.
Well, so far has ended. I just saw more FUP charges the other day. Maybe they have some sort of trigger that results in FUP charges? Like, I never saw any FUP exceeded message using my Betamax provider (justvoip) until I let my account completely run out of funds. It was after I'd recharged it that I started seeing FUP exceeded messages: it's as if my account was "off their radar screen" until I ran it dry. Likewise, the FUP exceeded messages ceased for awhile after I'd switched to the US server. But now, they cropped up again after I'd made a non-free international call (to Estonia).

I've made two complaints to justvoip so far, which have been met with stony silence. Given their "business model" (which seems to be to take as much money as they can with the least accountability possible) I'm not too surprised. I do have an ATA so maybe I'll try the workaround suggested by mohnashaat.

James
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote