View Single Post
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #23
dimitrivisser

dimitrivisser is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dimitrivisser Send a message via AIM to dimitrivisser Send a message via MSN to dimitrivisser

Quote:
I have a UM+ card, depending on where I've been, it's been really good, or unreachable
It helps if you manually select the network when you are in a country. Also for receiving sms messages it's better to stay on the same network.

Quote:
All the above said, have you tried <callwithus> for UM+.
I didn't try it before (never heard of them before). I registered, paid $5, and it works. A little bit. First it takes about 30 seconds to make the connection to my United Mobile number. Call quality is really very bad. I talk in one phone and 3 seconds later I hear myself on the other phone. With lots (too much) of noise.

Quote:
Does it work if you call through a SipBroker Access Number instead of your DID?
I still have a US phonenumber with talkdigits. This phonenumber is forwarded to 271171@eu.voxalot.com. I let Voxalot forward all calls with voipcheap (Betamax) to United Mobile and it works perfectly. I can call the US number and a couple of seconds later my United Mobile phone rings.

But all this shows one thing. It is possible to forward from a budgetphone DID to United Mobile with another (not Betamax) provider. It is possible to forward from another (not budgetphone) DID provider to United Mobile with voipcheap (Betamax).

The conclusion for me is that there's no problem with Budgetphone, not with Voxalot, not with United Mobile and not with Voipcheap (Betamax). It's the combination Budgetphone/Voxalot/Voipcheap. And probably it's the Budgetphone IP exceeding the Voipcheap FUP.

Lets do something with that stupid IP

I was thinking... I can ofcourse forward my Budgetphone DID number with voxalot/callwithus to the US talkdigits phonenumber. This US phonenumber is forwarded to 271171@ex.voxalot.com. Than I can forward that call with voipcheap to the United Mobile number. I am curious. I will try tomorrow if I can get that to work

Last edited by dimitrivisser; 11-15-2007 at 10:17 PM.
dimitrivisser is offline   Reply With Quote