View Single Post
Unread 09-26-2007, 03:35 AM   #4
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2007 View Post
but how come even though i have a vox account in gw2 and still i cant use it for outgoing unlike the one in gw4?
i also forgot to mention how come im not getting the same problem with my pstn line registration?
Without more info, I can only guess.

However, I'm curious, how do you know that the "registration" is still good on the PSTN side of things? Did you get a VoIP=>PSTN call that worked at that point? If not, it may very well be that the PSTN side registration also failed (when your internet glitched), you just didn't realize it yet. And that's possible even if the status page still shows "registered" (as sometimes the adapter doesn't immediately catch on to the fact that it lost it's registration, so it still thinks it's registered until some external event convinces it otherwise).

BTW: One thing that might help is to see what your actual settings are.
I'm not sure it will answer the all of our questions, but one thing you could do is upload a copy of your adapter configuration (except for passwords) to this forum, so that we can look over the details. The easiest (and most complete) way to do that is:

1) Log into your adapter as "admin login" and "advanced". It doesn't matter which "tab" you are on, but your browser needs to be logged in as the full (admin advanced) user setting.

2) Tell your browser to "save as" the current web page (again, it doesn't matter which tab, as all tabs are technically part of the same "web page"), and save the file on your disk drive as something like "mysettings.htm".

3) Use the ZIP tool of your choice to ZIP up that "mysettings.htm" file into a "mysettings.zip" file.

4) Add a message to this thread, with whatever text (even if it's just a "Here are my current settings" message. Then below the text edit window you should find a "Manage Attachments" button. If you press that button, you should be allowed to add/upload your "mysettings.zip" file onto the message.

5) Save the message and included attachment.

At that point (if all went as planned), anyone who reads your message can download the mysettings.zip file, uncompress it, than bring up the "mysettings.htm" file in their web browser. Once they do, they will see everything you would see locally at the time you saved it (including having the "tabs" work to switch between pages). However, like the local display, all passwords will be "******* out", and therefore you will NOT be giving up your passwords to the world. However, all other info will be present. This should help others see what settings you have, just in case that sheds any light on the subject.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote