View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbunny View Post
Yes that is our test, although we sent caller name as well "e164.org route test", we tried to send the cancel as quickly as possible to minimize/prevent any ringing,
Well that explains it then.

I got two separate calls that showed up as "e164.org route" on my callerID yesterday (I'm guessing that it just says "e164.org route" due to the length of the callID display on my phones). In both cases the phone rang, the callerID showed up on the phone, I picked up the phone and said "hello", and then silence (no recording saying what was happening, or anything). Luckily I was up at the time with family visiting for the holidays (vs being woken up by the phone), but it was still a WTF type situation...

BTW: My guess is that your software called twice, because I have 2 ENUM numbers registered. However, since both of those ENUM numbers point to the same SIP address (a FWD account, if you were wondering), isn't it a little redundant (not to mention annoying on this end) to call me twice (when you already know that the SIP address is good, as you have already tried that address from the other number)?

Other things I noticed:
When I just logged into my e164.org account now (after reading this thread) I got a notice to set my time zone (good). But your pull down menu does NOT let you set the time zone (bad). Instead, it stupidly requires you to pick a city/country that is in the same time zone as you, to indirectly set your time zone.

While some people no doubt like this (and some people are more used to thinking about what is near them, than what time zone they are in), many of us find it a PITA to try to look carefully trough the list to find somewhere which has a time zone equivalent to ours (since most cities/countries aren't included in the list, so most of us can't just find our city/country listed). Could you please actually add in (to the drop-down list) the 24 time zones that are offsets from "universal time" (such as GMT, GMT+1, GMT+2, ... GMT-1, GMT-2, ...), and maybe also include the 4 common USA time zone names (i.e. USA: Pacific; USA: Mountain; USA: Central; and USA: Eastern)? I'm sure adding in those time zone entries (to your list) will make it much easier for some people to set their preferred time zone...
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote