View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #4
marcm

marcm is on a distinguished road

I did a lot of searching and it appears you are correct. I tried the suggested configuration with Gizmo but it does seem to work. I can make calls from GV thru Gizmo and not have to buy any "out minutes. That is great. Of course when I first signed up with Skype US skype out was also free. rumor is that GV will start charging. My guess is it will will when they re-open membership.

I still do not completely understand what all these various services like myswitch, voipalot, sipbroker, etc do. The way it stands now when someone calls into my DID on Callcentric I pay for the incoming call. I have a call treatment that can direct it to Gizmo but that is not much help to me. If I could direct to GV it could ting through on my cell phone.

Eventually I will drop the DID number but I have had it for a long time and need to keep it for now. With all these services and permutations of calling ability available I thought I might be able to avoid incoming and/or forwarded charges on my DID number but I guess I can't expect to have everything for free!

Thanks.................mm
marcm is offline   Reply With Quote