View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2010, 02:46 AM   #13
tatjam

tatjam is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by padboll View Post
Each time I got something like this, it was related in a way with NAT/STUN.

I don't know the SPA2100. Do you really need to change the port from 5060 to something else? In the different hardware I got until now, this is the smartness of the device to forward calls to correct line according to phone number (SIP uri).
And each time I tried to play with ports on a "smart" device, I got problems of that kind...

If your main router has SIP ALG feature, you don't even need STUN and won't have NAT problem, except if you change port.
If your main router is not SIP aware, then you need to forward ports (worst case) or use STUN (better).

So, since your JustVoip is playing well, I would suggest to go back with port 5060 and stun.voxalot.com. (And no port forwarding on NAT!)
If it still fails, take a look at options "handle symmetric NAT" and "optimize audio path" in your Voxalot account. (I'm pretty sure that those two options are not concerned, but anyway...)
Thanks for your input, which I am considering. Line 1 (voxalot registration with justvoip as VSP) is set to use port 5060. Line 2 (direct justvoip registration) I set to use port 5061. I do currently have stun.voxalot.com:3478 set as my STUN server. My router (wrt54g flashed with dd-wrt) is not SIP-aware--at least not the firmware version I currently have on it. Anyway, in addition to having the STUN server set on my ATA, I also set port forwarding on my router: it currently forwards port 5060, 5061, 5082, 4569, and 3478 to the ATA. Still thinking . . .

James
tatjam is offline   Reply With Quote