View Single Post
Unread 07-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
shahidr100

shahidr100 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply.

Well in the SPA 1001 I have the most of the settings as specified below. However, there is one thing which I cannot control and that is the IP address which changes every 24 hours (by the ISP). I will make the necessary changes in the SPA device as you have mentioned but how do I put a check on the frequently changing IP address?? Can you please throw some light on it ??

Thanks once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
That problem can happen when the ATA is not reachable through the NAT router. I don't have any settings for the HT496, but for the SPA-1001 try the settings below, which do not need any port forwarding in the router.

(under SIP tab)
Handle_VIA_received: yes
Handle_VIA_rport: yes
Insert_VIA_received: yes
Insert_VIA_rport: yes
Substitute_VIA_Addr: yes
Send_Resp_To_Src_Port: yes
STUN_Enable: yes
STUN_Test_Enable: yes
STUN_Server: stun.voxalot.com:3478 (or any STUN server such as 'stun01.sipphone.com:3478' or 'stun.sipgate.net:10000')
NAT_Keep_Alive_Intvl: 179

(under Line_1 and Line_2 (or PSTN_Line) tabs)
NAT_Mapping_Enable: yes
NAT_Keep_Alive_Enable: yes
NAT_Keep_Alive_Msg: (this setting should be blank)
NAT_Keep_Alive_Dest: $PROXY
Register Expires: 3600

These settings should maintain the NAT route in your router, allowing inbound calls to reach the SPA-1001. A very few routers will need NAT_Keep_Alive_Intvl set at 119. If 119 still doesn't do the job then try 59.

Of course you also need to make sure your Internet connection is reliable, and that your IP address is not changing frequently.
shahidr100 is offline   Reply With Quote