View Single Post
Unread 12-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #73
carlosalbffgomes

carlosalbffgomes is on a distinguished road

No, Voxalot is not the problem. What Martin is telling us is that Voxalot bypass user's IP to Betamax providers in a way that Betamax should not only be aware, but that they contributed to the implementation of the process. Several things may be happening here, but I doubt Voxalot can do a dime to overcome this issue. Never forgetting thay may not be in the Betamax best interest that their costumer uses Voxalot as a SIP user agent (because in this way their customer can very easily chose, in a call per basis, to route their call through another competitor VSP), there are several other possible causes:
  1. They simply don't care. Their business model doesn't seam to be very worried about customers as far as they can make more money. This also explain how they can offer such low prices for their services.
  2. There was a change in their servers that changed the way in which calls triggers FUP. But no one cares as far as they can make more money with this business model.
I never used, and never intended to use, Betamax services. There are another alternatives. Personally I don't believe in such thing as a free lunch and is difficult for me to understand how people believe in such marketing strategies when all of us know that they are in the business to make money. So I prefer more honest offers despite they might seam, at a glance, more expensive. But when we see things like this (FUP), at least I understand that not always the cheapest is the cheaper.

Last edited by carlosalbffgomes; 12-25-2009 at 05:05 PM.
carlosalbffgomes is offline   Reply With Quote